They say that for every day you code, you should spend 4 days marketing. I’ve never come anywhere close that. Doubt if I even do 5%, definitely never 400%.
But I’m going to spend more experiments on marketing because it’s an area I want to improve in.
So following up on the last experiment, where I thought about my distribution options, figured I should spec out a plan for each marketing angle:
A few blog post ideas:
- How to increase sales with urgency
- How to reduce e-commerce customer service requests
- Why urgency works for selling e-commerce
- Find 5 bloggers
- Find 5 podcasters
- Find 5 newletters
Provide 25% to advertise
- Creating a free starter version with some limitations
- number of orders
- free trial
Find 10 companies you can reach out to
- Setup 3 different ads and test them on Reddit /r/ecommerce, FB, and LinkedIn
- Look into ads on e-commerce newsletters
Make a list of 5 people.